Extras to consider for Vinyl Flooring
Vinyl flooring from Value Carpets is a practical, and easy to clean and comfortable flooring solution and will give you an economical lift to any room.
Our range includes wood effect, tile effect, patterned and plain rolls, individual vinyl tiles plus domestic and commercial grades.
Once you have chosen your vinyl floors, there are some extras to consider, which we will talk you through in this blog.
5 Extras to consider for vinyl flooring
1. Flooring thresholds and edging strip – A flooring threshold or edging strip may be needed to complete your new vinyl floors. These help to create a neat and safe transition from the flooring of one room to the next, with some thresholds designed to help even out adjoining floors of differing heights.
2. Flooring adhesive and tape – Most vinyl floors are self-adhesive, and thus do not require extra glue. If you have chosen sheet vinyl for a larger room, or looking for extra security, you could consider flooring adhesives and double-sided vinyl flooring tapes. Both of these solutions will ensure your flooring remains secure.
3. Underlay – Most vinyl floors do not need an underlay, as long as the surface you are laying on is level and smooth. Vinyl click floors from Value Carpets use a technique that feels like creating a ‘floating floor’. Using an underlay will help if the subfloor is not level.
4. Floor cleaning – Vinyl floors are easy to clean and maintain, using a brush or a vacuum. If your new flooring needs a deeper clean, you should invest in a quality mop plus multi-surface cleaners; just make sure they are suitable for vinyl flooring.
5. Mats, rugs and rug grips – Adding a rug or a mat to your new vinyl floor will prevent slipping and complete the look of your room. For your bedroom or living room, you should opt for something cosy. Alternatively, high-traffic areas such as kitchens and hallways will need slim, hard-wearing runners.
If the rug you decide on does not feature an anti-slip bottom, you can add a rug grip to keep it secure and in place.
Get in touch for more information
If you have any questions about vinyl flooring, please do not hesitate to contact Value Carpets and Flooring today. Both of our showrooms in Cannock and Birmingham are COVID-safe and welcome customers to browse our selection.