What Are Luxury Vinyl Tiles?
Here at Value Carpets and Flooring, we pride ourselves in the vast collection of Luxury Vinyl Tiles (LVT) that we have to offer. However, we know that not all of our customers are aware of LVT before they enter our stores.
Luxury Vinyl Tiles
LVT flooring has been popular in commercial premises for a number of years, however, it has now also grown in popularity within our own homes, thanks to the stunning designs and ease of fitting.
LVT is a style of flooring that can be designed to look like a number of different styles of hard flooring, without the added expense and in many cases an increased durability. This makes it both an attractive and practical choice.
LVT is made up of layers of PVC compacted together to make one, durable and easy to lay flooring. As a standard, this flooring is up to 6mm thick. Which is considered relatively thin in comparison to laminates and hardwood flooring which starts at 7mm thick and I can increase significantly from there.
There are two types of LVT flooring, glue down and click together. To confirm the best one for your needs, please speak to our expert team.
The Benefits of an LVT Floor
There are a number of benefits to investing in LVT flooring. While the benefits might be different for different people, here are a few benefits from all around.
- Waterproof – this makes it a great choice to use in both kitchens and bathrooms. While other floors may be considered waterproof, apart from joins, LVT is waterproof throughout.
- Great durability – thanks to the PVC vinyl that they are made from, they are not as easy to scratch as a number of laminates, and will not crack like tiles will.
- Warmer than tiles and laminate – this again makes them a great choice for bathrooms for when you step out of the shower. It also makes for great flooring in the conservatory, to avoid the colder floor in winter, while offering a cooler surface come summer.
- Softer than tiles and laminate – this is especially good if you have spammer children. From being prone to dropping things, to falling over themselves, less damage can be done.
- Variety – thanks to the nature of this style of flooring, the colours and styles that can be created are vast. Allowing us to have such as wide variety available.
- Ideal for commercial and residential installations – from being durable and waterproof, to available in a range of styles, they can now suit any number of installations
- Easy clean – whether you are installing LVT in the kitchen, living room or even the dining room, you will be pleasantly surprised at how easy to clean they are.