Laminate Or Carpet On Stairs
For many years there has been the debate of carpet or laminate flooring on your stairs. The UK is very divided between which is the best choice in our homes. We’ve pulled together some pros and cons of each to let you decide!
There are a number of pros to having laminate around your home, but sadly not all of them will be the same when you look at having laminate on your stairs. Here are just a few reasons as to why people have laminate on their stairs:
- Easy to clean
- Suits a wide variety of decor, so won’t need changing if you redecorate
- Cheaper in most circumstances
- Single pieces can be swapped if damaged
As with all types of flooring, there are always cons to having it fitted in a specific room. Having laminate installed on your stairs is no different:
- Can be slippery (especially when wet or polished)
- Can be a trip hazard for young children
- Noisier than carpet
Carpets have been a firm favourite in many homes for decades, with the occasional swap to laminate or vinyl. So naturally, there are a number of pros to having carpet installed on your stairs:
- Soft underfoot, this also helps o reduce noise
- Attractive colours and patterns are available
- Helps to make the space warmer
- Doesn’t cause a slip hazard if wet
Carpets might have been a favourite for many years, but there are still some cons to having a carpet installed on your stairs:
- Can wear quickly with high traffic
- Easily stained if food and drinks are spilt while moving up and down the stairs
- Some colours/patterns can make it difficult to see the next step
Everyone will have their own reasons for choosing either carpets or laminate for their stairs, from design choices to safety reasons. The final decision should be based on the best choice for you and your home and family. Remember to consider all of the above pros and cons before making your final decision. You can also speak to our team if you are still unsure.
For more information on laminate or carpets for your stairs and hallway, please contact a member of our expert team today who will be happy to assist you. Head back to our latest news page regularly for more ideas and information on flooring in your home.