How to Clean Real Wood Flooring
Real wood flooring is elegant, beautiful and timeless and will last for decades if it is looked after properly. Most types of wooden flooring are reasonably durable and hardwearing but it will still need caring for and protecting from damage.
For this blog, Value Carpets and Flooring will explain the best way to clean your real wood floors.
Your Guide to Cleaning Real Wood Flooring
Cleaning wooden floors are straight forward; all you need is to sweep the surface with a soft bristle brush. Value Carpets would recommend that you do this every day to remove any small surface dirt or dust.
You may also use a vacuum just ensure you have the correct attachments for wooden floors.
Once your floor is swept, you can clean it to remove any surface stains or marks. This will only need to be done weekly, or when you notice any surface stains.
To clean the surface we would recommend a microfibre mop and PH neutral cleaning spray as this will be gentle but effective on the floor. Try to clean in the direction of the grain and never use furniture polish as this leaves a slippery residue. Also never use a steam mop as the steam will penetrate into the floor which leads to damage over time.
Top Tips for Maintaining Wood Floors
– Wipe away water spills immediately
– Remove footwear before you walk on the floor
– Use felt protector pads and do not drag heavy objects across the floor
– Sweep away dust and dirt daily
– Never use a steam mop, wet mop, furniture polish or abrasive products
– Clean your floor with a microfibre mop and wooden floor cleaning spray